Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pain, Problems, Wants, Miracles, and the communion of the body of Christ

That may have gotten your attention. The following is based on a message at my church. See Luke 24. Do you recall the Emmaus Road? Were the disciples experiencing the pain and problem of what they perceived to be a loss? Of course they were! So much so that it eclipsed the person and presence of Jesus himself. My question for us is...do we do that when the pain and problems of life become so overwhelming that we lose sight of the Lord in our life? Yep!

Pastor also reminded us of something I don't think I ever noticed that way before...Jesus' first miracle was for a want, not a need! Does that mean he actually cares about the desires of our heart? I am thinking it does. Do you know what his first miracle was? I'll give you a hint...it involved a celebration of love. :) We also are reminded that God often gives instruction as opposed to "stuff" when we ask for something, so think on what you are asking for and see if there is something you need to do?

I have long known & often counseled that God uses the trials in our lives to help others. I like the way I heard it put today...God takes, he blesses, he breaks, and he gives. Perhaps when you receive communion you will recall that. He takes us, blesses us, breaks us, and then gives us to others to help them.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment